Once again, Don Clark from FileMaker Pro Gurus and I have joined together to create a series of three videos. This time, we’re talking project management for the developer, specifically in how it is beneficial to a developer and/or subcontractor.
Communicating with your Project Manager
In the first video, which launches January 8, 2018, at 11 am EST, we will discuss questions such as:
- What information should be provided to help with project management for the developer?
- What is the developer’s role in managing scope, budget and time?
Don and I will discuss what a project management needs from a developer in order to facilitate the project and help you get things completed.
In part 2, we will discuss things more from the perspective of what you have to do as a developer to be more in demand and get the reputation of working well with a team. We will discuss questions such as:
- What is the developer’s role in using project management tools?
- If you offer 20 hours/week as a subcontractor, how can you guarantee that you give that?
- What do you do if a deadline is unrealistic?
This video will go live on January 15, 2018, at 11 am EST.
Being Responsible as a Developer
In the final video, we will discuss how a developer can be responsible for all the demands going on. This video will go live on January 22, 2018, at 11 am EST. We will discuss the following:
- As a developer, how can you keep yourself on track?
- As a sub, what if you are working with multiple clients and multiple project management systems… how can you avoid becoming overwhelmed?
- How can your project manager help you?
We will keep these around 10-15 minutes so you don’t have to invest a lot of your time.
Please join Don and me as we help you navigate working with a project manager.
Update 1/31/2018: Please find the video series here.